Friday, October 23, 2009

My little piece of heaven at home!

So our house is small.  All the bedrooms are lovingly filled, dining room is now C's office space, kitchen is the always bustling and full, and our family room is another story.  It's always been a room that you just didn't know quite what to do with it.  I have had poor C re-arrange that room a million +1 times and still it was never quite right.  

The first problem...the room is long and somewhat narrow and it has a big, obnoxious, amazing, and very warm in winter, wood burning stove that we couldn't live without right in the middle of 1 wall.  

The second problem...I needed a space to sew! 

Here is what I came up with...



I finally have a whole area for my sewing and I LOVE IT!  It works out so perfect because I am right in the middle of the entire house.  I also have the 2 biggest picture windows right there.  I love having the sun streaming in and watching the birds fly and the squirrels wonder all over.


 

 It is one of my favorite places to be and I get to do one of my favorite things...sew!


When we had our company and the office space, we bought some office partitions that we ended up bringing home...I covered one with my favorite fabrics and use it as my inspiration wall.  It also works so well hiding my mess when there is...usually, always.  



I love my small house and I love making it work for me and my fam!  
So now you know where I spend my days!  It's the perfect place to create some alovely's!  
...my piece of heaven... 

No comments: