Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I moved...

...my sewing room that is!  A lot of you know we live in a much bigger house now and space is abundant.  One of the things I was psyched to have in this new house was a room all to myself for sewing, computer, writing, etc.  My own space, my hideaway!!!  Our home in Colorado was one C and I bought in 1993...we were 23 yrs. old and we thought the house was amazing.  It had a huge backyard, a 2-car garage for C, a large master bedroom and 3 other bedrooms that we used for misc. other things.  We didn't have kiddos until K arrived in January 1999 so there was lots of space.

Over the years those 3 extra rooms were used for many different things.  Sewing/craft rooms, C's hobby room, computer room, eventually kiddo rooms and then the office for our company.

We grew out of that house years ago but always seemed to make it work.  The living room started as the hangout for parties, throwing darts and watching movies.  Then became all things baby...swing, bassinet, toys galore and then held the sewing area where I started A.Lovely.

It was a well-used, well-loved house!

We moved to Florida in 2010 to be near C's family and our new house is much bigger.  So much bigger that we are sometimes at a loss for where to put things, ironic huh?  The funny thing is the kiddos, C and I are not used to it.  We grew used to being close together and always knowing what everyone was doing at any time.  This is the reason why my sewing room has moved...I couldn't get comfortable being across the whole house and never got anything done except when kiddos were at school.  So, the dining room is now mine and I am thrilled!

Have a look!
Still organizing but looking at this pic makes me happy...kiddos were happy too! 

What can be better than fabric, a sewing machine and a hot cup of coffee?

I love the window!

Notice the kiddos have a table in there too...we like to be together!
So we are slowly getting settled in, making this house work for us.  I am thrilled we all like to be together...they may make me feel crazy at times but I guess I would rather them want to hang with me than the alternative!! 
I am thrilled with where we are in life right now and look forward to making this my best life!
Might as well right?!

6 comments:

Shana said...

Cute!
I know what can be better than a cup of coffee, fabric and a sewing machine - but I won't go there. You seem to like that stuff. ;-)
Love you.

Alicia said...

I leave that to you and B...this is family friendly my dear friend!
Love!

Shana said...

ha! I wasn't even talking about that! I was talking about anything else except for sewing - but you know me too well!

J. At Your Service said...

My work station looks stacked like that as well! LOL! I'm a new follower from Bloggy Moms-SAHM group. Can't wait to read more! :)
www.jatyourservice.blogspot.com

Mom said...

I love it. Can't wait to see it.

Danae Farias said...

Hi from Bloggy Moms! It's great that you got the space you desired (needed). We are still in our 904 sq. ft. first home:D We are learning to make the best of it & I know that the Lord will provide in His time.

Danae@Believing Unbeliever
http://www.danaefarias.com