Monday, September 12, 2011

My thoughts...


It's been 10 years since the attacks on 9.11...hard to believe.  It still feels like yesterday and I wasn't directly affected.  It was an awful feeling of helplessness.  I can't imagine what the families of all those innocent victims must have felt while they were talking to their family member on the phone or watching it on the TV.  

We all have the stories of where we were that sad day.  I too have my story.  I had just had my 2nd child and had been home from the hospital only a few days.  My mom was still in town helping out.  My husband called from work and said I must turn on the TV.  We sat there stunned as that 2nd place flew into the 2nd tower and spent that day watching the events unfold.
 
Our country came together in those days.  We were a team.  There were none of the usual differences whether they be political, religious, cultural, or ethnic.  All these differences were put aside and we were one.  It's not like that today.  We seem to be so focused on defining ourselves in terms of those differences.


We all want what is BEST for our country, BEST for our citizens.  We may not agree on how to go about it but I choose to stay positive.  I liked being part of a team.  Lets get back to that.

If we haven't learned anything but hatred and fear, then we have lost.   
 

1 comment:

Mom & Dad said...

Well said!