I was working on a Halloween bag for a friend and the kids were very impressed with how easy the process was. I decided that we should make door signs with their names for each of their rooms. They were completely into it from the word go!
It's really so easy...
1. go through mom's fabric scraps and choose some favs
2. make bubble letter stencils (make sure you make certain letters backward so they face the right direction after ironing on...speaking from experience...UGH!)
3. trace stencil letters onto fusible web, i.e. Wonder Under
4. lay fusible web onto the BACK side of your chosen fabrics, iron
5. cut out letters, peel paper backing, lay onto background fabric, iron once again.
It's great...magic my 5 yr. old says!
The last step is for me to finish them off...layer with some batting and backing, and some handing sewing around letters to help them POP! That is all fun...it's just a matter of time!