Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Friday!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Ours will be filled with kiddos, sewing, KSU football, food, family and fun!

Grandpa with kiddos, We all love our wildcats!
I don't think there are too many chores to be done. Here are some pics of the house after a lot of hard work.  We finally have our lawn mower so C got the yard mowed...makes such a huge difference.  MIL has brought over many plants (THANK YOU CAROLYN!) and we have worked hard on transplanting from our jungle in the backyard. 

What do you think?


Remember this is where we started...an overgrown mess! 
So many of the neighbors have stopped by and let us know how much they appreciate all our hard work and to tell many stories about the doctor who lived here for many years and made the house what it is.  I guess it was once the hangout for all the neighborhood kids.  Maybe it will again...sounds good to me...what do they say, "keep your friends (my kids) close, keep your enemies (their friends) closer"!!!


I mentioned sewing...the current project is once again baby quilts...to be done and sold soon.  No, there babies in my future but I love working on these little quilts!  My blanket was so important to me as a child and I love that one of my quilts might comfort a new little person somewhere out there.  
I will post the finished quilt next week...ENJOY your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The house looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it.

So glad you're back to making the baby quilts. They bring joy to you while in progress & they bring joy to baby later. Also, you do such beautiful work.