Thursday, February 10, 2011

Family Secrets...a blog definitely worth checking out!

Today I want to fill you in on a great blog.  The blog is done by my amazing friend who I have been lucky enough to know now for 24 or so years.  She is a lovely woman, an amazing mom and wife, the best friend anyone can ever have,  and a wonderful counselor to families and kiddos in her community and around.  She is opinionated, funny, sarcastic, and loving all at the same time.  Her job can be difficult as she works with families in very hard situations and with kiddos who's parents are not always the best.  But she does it with grace and dignity and really has some amazing insights to share.  She posts little tidbits almost daily to help us all appreciate our kiddos through all their troubles and reminds us all why we wanted those little people in the first place.  I find myself remembering what I read from her blog that morning and it helps me get through the day sometimes.  I am lucky enough to be able to call and chat with her as often as I want but now you can get her wise words yourself.

Family Secrets
...from her blog

Meet Shana
Shana Schmidt ~ ms lpc is the founder and owner of Just Kids & Some Babies, LLC.  and has been serving families and professionals for over 15 years. 
After completing her master’s degree in counseling, Shana found a niche working with families who struggle to manage day-to-day activities and pressures.  Shana has worked in community mental health, addictions counseling, foster care, and early childhood emotional development.
Shana’s passion for work with families brings a unique spin on typical.  Never before have families had the opportunity to share secrets about the children they have both been blessed to nurture.  
Through her own experiences raising children and living life Shana has learned that humor is the best medicine when dealing with typical behaviors, however love is the driving force behind teaching a new skill to replace unwanted behaviors. 


We all need a little support every once and awhile and her blog does that.  Plus, you can email her with questions or thoughts anytime and she is more than happy to give you her opinion.  
So go on...go check her out...you can thank me later!  

3 comments:

Shana said...

OMG!!!
R U kidding me!?!?!?
That's awesome of you - thank you so much.
Work is hard but my site is making it a little easier.
Love you!

Natalie Lovins said...

on my way to check it out! following from bloggymoms too. natalielovins.blogspot.com

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

How sweet! I'll have to check her out.

I'm following from the hop.

ecwrites.blogspot.com