Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A good book...

There are a few things I really enjoy in my little world that are all for me.  I love to sew, I love to embroider, I love to do my blog, I love to bake, and I love a good book.
I don't devote a lot of time to reading...it's mostly at night when I am tired and ready to go to bed.  I usually read for those few minutes before I fall asleep.  Some nights that takes quite a while and some nights I get only about 5 pages read before my eyes are closing.  I seem to fall victim to the tv at night.  I have only a hand full of shows that I really enjoy watching but I can usually find something interesting with all the channels that we have.  Once kiddos are off to bed, I should always just go to my book and start reading but a lot of times I turn on that TV and I am sucked in for at least a couple hours and then too tired to read anything.


I get my books at the library.  I love going to the library and coming home with a bag full of books!

Some of my favorite books...
The Big Stone Gap series by Adriana Trigiani
Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Beach House by Jane Green
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Some of my favorite authors are also listed above but again...
Elin Hilderbrand
Jane Green
Kristin Hannah
John Jakes
James Patterson
Nancy Thayer
Jennifer Weiner
Luanne Rice
Nicholas Sparks
Elizabeth Berg
Elizabeth Strout

I must say I am not a picky reader...I love whatever is current and popular and like the books to be fun, quick and smart. 

Some of you might want to find me on Goodreads.com  It's a fun website where you list the books you have read or are reading and can comment and rate them and this is shared with you friends.  Here is the link!  Come find me!  Goodreads.com

This is what I am currently reading...
The Lake House by James Patterson

What are you reading?  Who are your favorite authors?  Let me know what books you loved!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Ohh you seam to like some of the same books I do so I'll have to read a few of the authors I've never heard of before. I'm currently reading Little Women on my NOOK (it was a free book and I can read it while nursing) and Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

Amie
http://andweareoffto.blogspot.com/

Desi said...

Pillars of Earth is GREAT. I've read.. a LOT of books. Right now I'm re-reading the Mists of Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. My favorite author is Wilbur Smith for River God. Good stuff.