Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So here's a good one for ya!!!

When Carl and I got married 18 years ago, my Mother-in-Law gave me an amazing gift...a recipe book of all her best recipes (and Carl's favorites!).  I have used many of them over the years but one of my favorites is her Cranberry Bread recipe.  I remember when we were dating and she had made this and I didn't even want to try it...I was a very picky eater and didn't like to try new things.  I think Carl finally got me to try it and it truly is one of my favorite things about this time of year.  Of course, Cranberries are everywhere right now and very inexpensive so there is no reason not to make it over and over and over and over...you get the point!  



Here it is...SO YUMMY!!



My kiddos also have acquired my affection for this yummy treat...the loaf does not last long around our table!  

I decided I am going to share the love and pass on this great recipe...I have doubled the original so I can get 2 big loaves made at once...Enjoy!


Carolyn Gregov's Cranberry Bread
4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
3 t. baking powder
2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs-beaten
1 1/2 c. orange juice
2 t. orange peel
2 c. chopped cranberries
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  In another smaller bowl, melt butter for 15 seconds in microwave.  To the butter add the beaten eggs, orange juice, and orange peel.  Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in large bowl.  Chop cranberries (I use my food processor).  Add the 2 c. cranberries  and the nuts to the large bowl and mix all together.  Divide batter into 2 standard size bread loaf pans (9 x 5) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Test with toothpick.  


Try it...it's the perfect treat!




And it looks perfect too!

One more tempting picture!  My breakfast!  








Happy Holidays!!  I send lots of love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how dare you share a recipe that i refuse to give to others!

Unknown said...

Thank You for posting! You brought the most wonderful tears to my eyes : ) Hopefully sooner rather than later, we'll be able to enjoy that yummy treat together! I Love You!