Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Organizing, organizing, blah, blah, blah...

Organizing is what we have been doing for the past couple weeks and I am amazed at what I have deemed important enough to keep all these years.  We even had a storage unit (that we recently emptied...cutting costs anywhere and everywhere) where I kept this stuff thinking that I couldn't live without it.  Craziness!

So here is where I started...

and here...I had to give up my sewing area for this little project...that will push me to get this organizing done quickly so I can sew again.
I have a love/hate thing going with organizing.  On one hand, it feels so good to weed through the stuff and get rid of it but on the other, the weeding takes so much time.  Also some stuff seems so silly to keep (old stuffies, gross pics from highschool when I thought I looked good, all the kids' school work from the day Katia started preschool...it's all special, right?)  but I know that if I had all the room in the world, I would want the stuff so I have to really weigh each and every thing.

Goodwill scores big...I had a van-load to drop off and I am pleased with what I decided to keep and what needed to go!  No regrets!

Off to Goodwill!

No comments: