Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas/Holiday/New Year's Card!

When can I stop worrying about the holiday picture/card???

I always did one up until about 3 years ago.  I still stress about it though and even yesterday was trying desperately to find a picture that I could get printed up to send out! 

It seemed extra important after we had our kiddos.  I, like everyone else wanted to show off my kids because of course they are the cutest things ever.  I even started an album (in the midst of my scrap-booking phase) that was just for the holiday letter and the pic.  That's it...one album that would show the changes from year to year.  It's a good idea but I didn't follow through and now it's just a reminder that I didn't follow through.  

Why do I/we add this stress onto an already stressful time?  There is always so much to do...endless shopping for needless things, groceries out the wazoo, pies and desserts to make and then stress about eating, making sure the house is cleaned up (kiddos are wonderful helpers in the job-thanks kids)...so many expectations to live up to or at least feel we must live up to, and worrying that all those loved ones will make it safe and sound.  I love it when everyone arrives and the fun begins but I could so live without the crap beforehand.

So why then do I want to add in to that mess a pic that I must pull teeth to get taken and LONG letter about our year in review???  Then I remembered something...I have a blog!!  And it can reach all of you all at once, all year long.  I have thousands of pics already on my computer that I can choose from and post to share our perfect days, the crazy days, the adventurous days...etc.  All of you who knows us, know all about what's going on in our lives anyways.

So Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays/Happy New Year!  This blog is the best record of 2010 for our family!

Look in the Archives for past blog posts about our new life in Florida and leave me a comment!  I love comments!

Happy Holidays to all of you who mean so much to me and my family!   

Siesta Key Beach!
This beach is not too far south of us and is known for their white, flour-like sand.  It is really amazing and a fun place to hang!
Come visit!!!!

We send lots of love!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Alicia! Let’s keep life simple and enjoyable – I am with you.

Wishing you all a peaceful time together with lots of laughs and happiness.

Lots of love,
Mery, Gert, Max and Stefan

Shana said...

Love it!
Now I can print it off and put it in the picture frame that holds a photo of everyone in ski gear.

Lori said...

I know what you mean about holiday stress, but I do love the weeks before Christmas. Getting ready is half the fun! I love the photo too! Love to all of you in Florida!

Mom & Dad said...

You are so right - if it's causing stress, maybe we should rethink it's importance. You know how much we have loved the blog all year - it is a wonderful record of your year with lots of great pictures. We had to readjust this year too when it came to all the Christmas preparations - so far, we haven't missed those things we didn't do. I look forward to more decorating next year though!

Hugs, hugs, & more hugs from all of us - we'll talk later on skype - yea?

Michelle Byars said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Btw, LOVE the final pic!!!!! We didn't manage to get a card/ photo/ letter out again this year, I don't know how you did it when they were little! I should get a blog going too, then maybe the couple thousand photos won't be so daughnting at year end when there are so many hand mades to get done too!

Hope to see you all in February!

~~~michelle