Monday, April 9, 2012

A beautiful weekend and an update!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend and celebrated it in your own special way!  We had great weather and enjoyed an egg hunt and bbq with our neighbors...it was really nice.
Our ideal way of celebrating Spring and the renewal of life! 


Now for my reading goal update...I made it...pretty much.

One of my kiddos says I didn't but I say I did really good.  I made it a week and spent most of my free time with the TV off and a book in my hand.

She thinks not because I watched a bit of The Masters (golf tournament).  Does it count that I watched it with a book in my hand?  It's golf...you can read at the same time.

Details, details...at least I did work on my bad habit of always turning on the TV and got 2 books completely read and started a third.  It felt good and I didn't miss it too much.

So I think I will follow 2 rules...the one for my kids (I can hear myself say it right now) "it's been an hour, TV time is over" and my sister's rule of TV on after 8pm.
That will really limit my TV time as I go to bed at 9-9:30 every night. 

That works! 


No comments: