Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Girl Scouts and cookies...

No I am not talking about GS Cookies (even though we did just finish selling them)!  Today I was in charge of snack for my daughters' Junior GS troops meeting.  Big Sis decided on oatmeal cookies, apples w/ cinnamon sprinkle and apple juice...easy enough!! 

I have been making Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cookies for what feels like my entire life.  My Mom let me start baking by myself pretty early and this was the perfect recipe to do on my own.  Plus, since these were "healthy" and my Dad's most favorite, I was allowed to make them a lot...I still do...especially when my Dad is heading to town! (Love you Dad!)

The recipe is so quick and so very simple...I think I could make them in my sleep.  Thank you Quaker Oats for such a great recipe and one that we can enjoy relatively guilt-free.  It's the perfect compliment to my frequent teas throughout the day.  

I bet you all have it already...just look on the inside of your Quaker Oats box...it's there, I promise.  

Little Sis and I made these in no time and were on our way to the GS meeting after school where I overheard one of Big Sis's friend tell her "your Mom is good!"  Thanks sweetie and Quaker Oats (I swear I am not getting paid for this)! 

This is all that's left though...not much for my tea tomorrow...hmmm...what to do?!  

 I guess I could always make more, maybe tonight ;)!  

Leave me a comment about a recipe you could almost make in your sleep!  
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: