Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Monday!

I have another great TV show to tell you about!
If you haven't heard of the PBS Masterpiece show called "Downton Abbey" then you must check it out.
It's my newest favorite.  I mentioned last week I love the show Parenthood...this has all the same stuff, drama, family issue, and humor, but is set in England before and then during WWI.  It's a wonderful glimpse into life of privilege that most of us don't really understand too much.


I recently saw an ad for the show's Second season and thought it looked interesting.  I checked it out and so enjoyed it.  I spent some free time this week catching up on Season 1 which begins when the Titanic sank in 1912.  Last night (Sunday) was the premiere of Season 2 but you can easily catch all the episodes any time online at PBS...here is the link.

I just checked...they already have tonight's episode ready to watch!  I actually like watching it online...watching it tonight on TV was a bit difficult as there are no commercial breaks.  Sitting there for 2 hours without having to get up for something...laundry, kiddos, a snack, potty break...is impossible but then of course you miss something. 

And if you just can't get enough info about the show...one of the my favorite blogs called "Hooked on Houses" did a blog just today about the show as well.  She shows a bit about the amazing castle where the show is filmed.  It's really beautiful.  I couldn't even imagine living in a place like that.

Check it out...I think you would enjoy it!   

Back soon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Think about my Grandmother when you see the kitchen staff at work. Could be a little insight into what life was like for her when she was about 18 years old. Interesting.