Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pinterest

Happy Monday!

I have found a new thing...some of you probably know this thing...Pinterest.

I have heard people talk about it but didn't know much...still don't know much.  All I know is there are a lot of pics and if I like the pics I can "repin" them.  If I don't...I don't.  Simple right?

My question (ignore my stupidity for a moment)...where are all these pics coming from?
I guess when I am searching the web I can "pin" things that I like.  They post to Pinterest and people on Pinterest see them.
Hmmm...seems simple....but who cares?  I guess its advertising without paying for it?  I am a bit perplexed.  I will figure it out though.

It's kindof like how I feel about twitter...why the heck do I need to know what you are doing at this precise moment or why do I need to know the crazy idea you have in your head at this very moment?
I just don't need that info.
Some things I just don't get...don't think i ever will but I will try.  I love my simple cell phone, my simple computer, my simple bookmarks...it's hard to change.

I feel like this lady that I ran into once...I was in Hays, KS, making my way back home to Boulder and I stopped in a SuperWalmart and asked this lady where the Starbucks was.  It seemed a simple request.  She looked at me with disdain in her eyes and said..."We don't have none of that Fancy coffee here".

Hmmm...I am just saying...I feel like I am falling behind the times...I don't have none of that fancy stuff.
I don't have a "smart" phone...I guess mine is a bit stupid but I love it!     

What I am finding is that a lot of you out there spend a lot more time surfing the web than I do.  A lot of you "window shop" a lot more that I do...and then when you find those "great things" you need to share.  I guess it's the old time playgroup where I used to hang with my girlfriends and we would gossip about the lastest this or that.  I don't want to do it on a computer though...I like getting together with the girls and chatting up the latest thing.
I miss the good ole' days...thats sad...I sound like my grandma!  I loved her dearly but she used to say that to me alot.

Well I will reluctantly follow...eventually.  For now...you can check out Pinterest yourself and see some of my pins.  See the new button on the side...over there to the right...?!  Yup, that one.  Click there and start a new adventure!
There aren't too many "pins" as of yet.  Maybe more to follow soon.  When do you all find the time?!!!
 
I can't figure out how to put a "pin" on my blog...any ideas?  Email me.

Have a great week!  Love!!



1 comment:

Mom said...

We have a tendency to make like more complicated than it should be - I'm really into keeping it as simple as possible. Helps me keep my sanity! Hugs.